Purchase Ledger Clerk
Type of Job
About the job
Full Time / Temporary to Permanent / Purchase Ledger Clerk / £23,000 + Company benefits/ Swadlincote / Monday to Friday 08.30am to 5pm / 1 Hour lunch break / Friendly office environment / Genuine permanent role for ideal candidate.
Infinite Recruitment are working with a local manufacturing company who have an opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join there friendly team. It is a busy transactional role, and you will be part of a small team reporting to the Finance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a variety of experience in all areas of accounts in an exciting growing business.
Temporary salary will be £11.79 per hour + Holiday accrual + weekly pay schedule.
As Purchase Ledger Clerk responsibilities will include:
· Maintaining Purchase Ledger. Duties include inputting invoices, raising and matching purchase orders to invoices, reconciling supplier statements, supplier queries, processing payments, foreign payments and maintaining accurate supplier information on the ledger.
· Ensuring all stock invoices are correctly booked in and chasing suppliers for credit requests.
· Other accounting duties – Working to tight month end deadlines invoices and purchase ledger invoices input, bank reconciliation, coding sundry payments, expenses and posting credit card statements.
· Assisting the Finance Manager in the timely and accurate preparation of supplier payments whether by bacs, foreign payment transfer or manual cheques.
To be successful as Purchase Ledger Clerk you will have the following skills and experience:
· Ideally hold or working towards an Accounting qualification e.g., AAT
· Previous experience of handling high volumes of invoices with the ability to process accurately
· Good organisational skills, able to manage a busy, varied workload and meet tight deadlines.
· Confident telephone manner to speak to suppliers.
· Good IT skills including using accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
· Flexibility and willingness to learn, take on new tasks and adapt to the needs of the department / business.
· Driven by results – Decisive, confident addressing problems and opportunities, challenging activities to improve performance, demonstrate willingness to challenge accepted methods and standards
· Effective communication – Clear concise written and spoken, ability at all levels, customer, supplier and internal
In return the company offers a competitive salary and benefits package .
If you are looking to apply please send your CV and cover letter stating your current salary and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you wish to contact me direct please do so on 01283 223095
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: £11.79-£13.00 per hour
Swadlincote Ln, Church Gresley, Swadlincote DE11, UK